Combining adventure and romance, Costa Rica is a favourite with Patchwork couples planning dream honeymoons for 2021 and beyond. Britt from The Honeymoon Fixer has written this guest post to share her top tips for planning an unforgettable Costa Rica honeymoon. So, if you’re setting up a Patchwork honeymoon fund and asking guests to treat you to some once in a lifetime honeymoon experiences, read on for some ideas to make your Costa Rica patchwork come alive…
From beach to rainforest and everything in between.
This tiny country never fails to delight and has become one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in the world. Specialist travel company, The Honeymoon Fixer highly recommend Costa Rica as it has so much to offer. A proper tropical paradise with beautiful beaches, turquoise seas, gorgeous sunsets, pristine rainforests, amazing wildlife and stunning scenery. For couples that are concerned about sustainability Costa Rica is perfect. Many locations are eco-friendly, employ local people and are conscious about their practices.
With it’s fantastic selection of places to stay and plenty of activities on offer Costa Rica has something for everyone. Whether you are wanting to indulge in an adventure, take part in sporting activities or just spend time relaxing in a luxurious hotel in a beautiful, romantic setting.
Top activities to make your Costa Rica honeymoon unforgettable
If you’re tempted to book a honeymoon in Costa Rica, here are a few excursions for adventure and romance that The Honeymoon Fixer recommends:
• Visit Corcovado National Park to see howler monkeys, sloths, scarlet macaws and other wonderful wildlife in their natural habitat.
• Enjoy the famous Tabacon thermal mineral springs at the base of the Arenal Volcano.
• Hike to the Rio Celeste waterfall and be amazed by the beautiful bright blue colours.
• Don’t miss The Chocolate Forest Experience. This includes a walk through a cacao plantation and trying some delicious organic chocolate. The day ends at sunset with a chocolate and wine tasting overlooking the Caribbean coast.
• Climb to the stunning blue grotto at Punta Uva.
• Have lunch at La Paz Waterfall and afterwards take a leisurely stroll through the gardens.
• See the nocturnal wildlife in action on an evening tour at the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.
• Head to the Lankaster Botantical Gardens. They’re full of fabulous plants and particularly known for their orchids.
• From July to October you can watch turtles nesting Tortuguero beach.
• Relax on a pristine sandy beach in one of the gorgeous secluded coves at Playa Chiquita. You can enjoy snorkelling around the reef.
Feeling inspired? Let’s go!
If this post has inspired you to plan a Costa Rica honeymoon, Patchwork can help! Instead of traditional wedding gifts, invite friends and family to help fund a visit to the Arenal Volcano, lunch at La Paz waterfall or cocktails for two on a stunning beach! Then once you’re ready to book your trip, contact The Honeymoon Fixer. To find out more about Costa Rica and the latest situation with Covid-19 it is advisable to get in touch with your travel consultant or check current government advice.