This guest post is for couples looking for a mix of action & beach-time, the combination of Canada’s westernmost province, British Colombia (BC), and America’s 50th state, Hawaii, is hard to beat. Julie from luxury travel experts My Native, takes us exploring for the perfect Canada and Hawaii honeymoon…
What should couples expect from British Colombia?
- Meander through the markets, boutiques & cafes of downtown Vancouver
- Vancouver is home to some fabulous microbreweries; take advantage of the city’s free bikes to tour the craft breweries on two wheels. We’ll provide you with a map of our favourites. If you’re more of a foodie, our gastronomy tour of Vancouver won’t disappoint.
- Floatplane into British Columbia’s most remote lodge, Nimmo Bay
- Take a yoga class on the dock
- Soak in a cedar hot tub beneath a towering waterfall
- Learn how to fly-fish
- Paddle board or kayak across the world’s most tranquil waters
- Enjoy a guided hike in the Great Bear Rainforest
- Spot humpback and orca whales
- Head to Whistler for some adrenaline-packed heli-hiking & white water-rafting
Perfectly connected – from Vancouver to Hawaii
Just a 5-hour flight from Vancouver, head to Hawaii for some R&R. And when you’ve tired of the beach, learn to surf, paddle an outrigger, swim in the island’s seven sacred pools (& waterfalls), snorkel, dive, and join the ‘Morning Ocean swim clinic’ if you’re an early-riser! We’re excited about the brand-spanking-new Auberge Mauna Lani on Big Island; their beachfront bungalows with private pools are hard to beat for couples looking for privacy. If you prefer a smaller, quieter, boutique property – aka, no children – consider Hotel Wailea on Maui. Their ocean-view suites and pool-side cabanas are divine. And if you have time to combine two islands, we’d definitely recommend it.
What should couples expect from Hawaii?
- Manta Ray Night Snorkel on Big Island. Set sail as the sun goes down on a private catamaran in search of gentle manta rays;
- Volcanos With a Geologist on Big Island. Keep an eye out for glowing lava rivers and lakes on a helicopter flight over Volcanoes National Park. Then, join a geologist for a hike through the park to see active volcanic features such as craters and cinder cones up close!
- Ranch Horseback Ride on Maui. At this secluded hilltop ranch, join your cowboy guide for a private horseback ride along a rugged path that winds its way through a scenic valley towards the Pacific Ocean.
Want to go? Here’s how
Set up a Patchwork page inviting your guests to contribute to specific activity on your trip – from bear watching to white water rafting, a massage on the beach, to cocktails at sunset, your guests will love to know they’ve treated you to an unforgettable experience. Use one of our easy to customise templates to set up your Canada honeymoon page or your Hawaii honeymoon page or create your own bespoke adventure by setting up a page from scratch! When you’re ready to book your honeymoon, My Native delivers exceptional luxury and travel experiences and is focused on providing a truly unique and bespoke holiday. Contact Julie at My Native and she will create a tailor-made adventure just for you.
Flight times: London to Vancouver is 9 hours direct, & Vancouver to Hawaii is 5 hours direct.
Best time of year to travel: June – September
There are no direct flights back to the UK from Hawaii so, on your way home, stop off in San Francisco for a few nights of California cool in our favourite US city.